Health and emotional problems tend to occur when our body, mind and emotions are unbalanced.
When we experience struggles in our daily lives such as unexpected diseases, separations or overwhelming challenges we think we're not prepared for, it may lead us to emotions like fear, worry, doubts, anger, anxiety, depression, frustration, negative feelings, thoughts and actions, that can weak, disrupt or even block the flow of our life force energy.
Reiki is a spiritual practice developed in 1922 by a Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui and it means Spiritually Guided Universal Life Force Energy.
It's an energy technique that balances your mind, body, emotions and spirit, promoting deep relaxation, and helps to release anxiety, reduce pain, sleep better, improving your health and well being.
Although it's spiritual in essence, it's not attached to any religion and anyone can benefit from Reiki, because it uses the life energy that is within us and connects us to all living beings.
Reiki works promoting the balance of the energy fields (Auras) and energy centers (Chakras) creating conditions needed for the bodies' healing system to function.
Reiki is an excellent therapy for complementing the healing of any physical, mental emotional and spiritual issues, and all creatures can benefit from Reiki (adults and children, animals and plants.)
Healing benefits of Reiki:
emotional and past issues
aiding with depression symptoms
aiding the break of addictions
releasing effects of radio and chemotherapy
reducing blood pressure
releasing anxiety, stress and tension
Reiki session prices :
At my Office 45-60 min $100
Add-on Intuitive Reading 15 min $30
At your Home 45-60 min $120*
*Prices can vary on distance and time to get to the destination.
Packages/Events/Retreats, please contact us for more information.
Reiki is not meant to replace treatment from a licensed medical or psychological health care provider
It will complement all forms of medical treatments as well as natural forms and alternative therapies
There are not medical contra indications for a Reiki treatment
As a Certified Usui Reiki Master practitioner, Maria Laura Marcos does not diagnose conditions, perform medical treatments, prescribe medications, or interfere with the treatments of your health care provider
What to expect on a Reiki Session
- You'll be laying down on your back in a massage table fully clothed;
- I'll check in your energy level with a crystal pendulum and will make a decision what approach to take to enhance your treatment, such as crystal therapy, having in consideration your concerns and what I saw on your energy check in;
- I'll place my hands gently on your head, neck, shoulders, chest, stomach, legs, knees and feet, where your principal chakras are located; on the growth area I'll work only on your energy body;
- Colors, smells, taste, places, people, a tingling sensation, the feeling of "many hands" working on you, very energetic or very sleepy and relaxed, are common sensations you might experience as well as not feeling anything . If so, it doesn't mean that Reiki didn't work. "Reiki goes where the body knows". Every time you have a Reiki session, you experience different sensations as you're in a different state of mind and life;
- I'll check out your energy again to see if everything is balanced and will debrief and do the last considerations;
- I recommend rest for some minutes before driving home as you may feel very relaxed and sleepy, take lots of water and try to chill out, no alcohol, or heavy meals for 3 days. Remember, you received an energy treatment, even if you don't feel like it, your body is recovering and will be releasing and detoxing from what no longer serves you;
-The effects of Reiki will last from 3 to 7 days after a session. Reiki is cumulative, that's why in most cases we recommend at least 4 consecutive sessions and then as needed.